On Tuesday 20 April 2004, Tony Blair formally announced his decision to hold a referendum on whether to accept the proposed EU Constitution. This announcement had been expected since Thursday 15 April. It was a major change of direction of Government policy. In the light of well-publicised concerns over its coverage of the EU, the BBC now had an opportunity, and the obligation, to achieve coverage that was balanced, fair and authoritative. On the day of the announcement the BBC’s coverage was carefully monitored to see whether this was achieved.
Popular Posts and Pages
- Ofcom Ruling: BBC1 Question Time’s alleged pro-Remain bias
- BBC pushes ‘Fake News’ Brexit fears
- Contact Us
- BBC Brexit negativity hits new low with Peter Lilley ‘reality check’ ambush
- Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias
- Time for a re-think on BBC1 Question Time?
- About News-Watch
- Jeremy Vine presides over EU love-in