On Tuesday 20 April 2004, Tony Blair formally announced his decision to hold a referendum on whether to accept the proposed EU Constitution. This announcement had been expected since Thursday 15 April. It was a major change of direction of Government policy. In the light of well-publicised concerns over its coverage of the EU, the BBC now had an opportunity, and the obligation, to achieve coverage that was balanced, fair and authoritative. On the day of the announcement the BBC’s coverage was carefully monitored to see whether this was achieved.
Popular Posts and Pages
- BBC Digest
- Kathy Gyngell: How dare they? BBC robs the poor to feed millions to its fat-cat presenters
- Tom Mangold: BBC’s embrace of woke culture is ‘fatal act of self-harm’
- BBC BIAS DIGEST 16 SEPTEMBER 2020
- Deluded BBC’s mission to mislead
- BBC stone-walls Mark Mardell EU history bias
- Nicholas Burnett: Can Tim Davie Turn the Tide of Bias?
- BBC BIAS DIGEST 17 SEPTEMBER 2020