On Tuesday 20 April 2004, Tony Blair formally announced his decision to hold a referendum on whether to accept the proposed EU Constitution. This announcement had been expected since Thursday 15 April. It was a major change of direction of Government policy. In the light of well-publicised concerns over its coverage of the EU, the BBC now had an opportunity, and the obligation, to achieve coverage that was balanced, fair and authoritative. On the day of the announcement the BBC’s coverage was carefully monitored to see whether this was achieved.
Popular Posts and Pages
- Time for a re-think on BBC1 Question Time?
- Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias
- Contact Us
- Ofcom Ruling: BBC1 Question Time’s alleged pro-Remain bias
- About News-Watch
- Jeremy Vine presides over EU love-in
- Monitoring Projects and Reports
- BBC’s Harlow 'Brexit race hate' claims debunked
- Soros and the BBC attack News-watch reports