On Monday 27 April 2009, Newswatch began a 44-day investigation into the BBC’s coverage of European Union news and current affairs. The survey focused on the period approaching the Elections to the European Parliament held on Thursday June 4, and continued until Tuesday June 9, two days after the announcement of the results. Ten BBC news and current affairs programmes were monitored during this period, five from Radio 4, and five from BBC Television. In total, this amounted to 289 hours of news broadcasts.
Popular Posts and Pages
- Contact Us
- Monitoring Projects and Reports
- News-watch Survey - Radio 4's 'Brexit: A Love Story?' September 2018
- Shock news: BBC-dominated Ofcom backs the BBC
- BBC Trust defends Corporation’s Harlow ‘race hate’ sensationalism
- Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias
- Time for a re-think on BBC1 Question Time?
- BBC Brexit negativity hits new low with Peter Lilley ‘reality check’ ambush