On Monday 27 April 2009, Newswatch began a 44-day investigation into the BBC’s coverage of European Union news and current affairs. The survey focused on the period approaching the Elections to the European Parliament held on Thursday June 4, and continued until Tuesday June 9, two days after the announcement of the results. Ten BBC news and current affairs programmes were monitored during this period, five from Radio 4, and five from BBC Television. In total, this amounted to 289 hours of news broadcasts.
Popular Posts and Pages
- BBC ‘hardline’ bias brackets Brexiteers with extremism
- Time for a re-think on BBC1 Question Time?
- Monitoring Projects and Reports
- BBC assault on Brexit prospects continues
- Civitas paper lays bare 18 years of BBC anti Brexit bias
- About News-Watch
- Radio 4 Feedback programme mocks Brexit supporters
- Dead Ringers clangs out anti-Brexit bias