On Monday 27 April 2009, Newswatch began a 44-day investigation into the BBC’s coverage of European Union news and current affairs. The survey focused on the period approaching the Elections to the European Parliament held on Thursday June 4, and continued until Tuesday June 9, two days after the announcement of the results. Ten BBC news and current affairs programmes were monitored during this period, five from Radio 4, and five from BBC Television. In total, this amounted to 289 hours of news broadcasts.
Popular Posts and Pages
- Monitoring Projects and Reports
- About News-Watch
- Ofcom Ruling: BBC1 Question Time’s alleged pro-Remain bias
- Ten of 13 ‘independent’ Ofcom Content Board members have close BBC links
- Contact Us
- OFCOM BBC BIAS WHITEWASH
- Documents Archive
- Appeal: Help us stop BBC bias!
- Today Programme Survey, and response to BBC Independent Advisor's Findings – Winter 2007